Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love scrambled tofu and this is a new recipe I'm dying to try. Only slightly modified. Found on Micheff Sisters cooking show titled "Breakfast with Mom." If you use water-packed tofu, make sure to drain it and squeeze the liquid out with paper towels ahead.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1tsp.)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package firm tofu, cubed (Mori-nu tofu or can also use water-packed tofu)
- 4 corn tortillas, torn in small to medium-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- avocado, sliced (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with 2 Tbsp canola oil. Add chopped onion, diced red pepper, and shredded carrots.
- Sauté until onions are clear. (You may need to spray the pan once or twice during sautéing to avoid sticking and burning).
- When onions are clear, add the fresh garlic, spices and torn corn tortillas. Continue to sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add the tofu and hot sauce, and cook about 5 minutes, or until tofu is slightly browned.
- Serve warm with your favorite salsa and avocado slices.