Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I admittedly haven't tried this yet, but it's fairly similar to one that I've tried here on 'zaar so I feel very confident that I'll love this one, too! So kudos goes to Mexican-Style Fruit Salad! That is also a spicy melon salad with even fewer ingredients, so if you're interested in trying something like this that's another great option. I'm really looking forward to trying this one from Cooking Light!
- 3 cups cubed seeded red watermelon
- 3 cups cubed seeded yellow watermelon
- 3 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded serrano chilies (about 1)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine lime zest and remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour juice mixture over melon mixture; toss well.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.