Recipe by sholman77
This is a Robin Miller recipe and it's fantatic. I often add a little beef broth and let it simmer for a bit more aus ju. I have also subbed rotel for the diced tomatoes and green chilis with good results. You can't mess this up!
Top Review by mama smurf
I went to post this recipe and found you already had...I had made it for DH and I and this is a delicious recipe. I did add some red pepper flakes to the onions and garlic for a little more kick and followed the rest of the ingredients. I let it simmer for a while to evaporate some of the liquid and topped with mozzarella cheese and a couple of avocados...DELILCIOUS! Next time I might try a can of rotel with the green chilis and lime juice added. Thanks for posting.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces roast beef, sliced and cut into strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) canminced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 4 rolls, sandwich sized
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- add roast beef and saute 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add everything else except cilantro and rolls. and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Serve on rolls sliced in half with plenty of the sauce.