This is a Robin Miller recipe and it's fantatic. I often add a little beef broth and let it simmer for a bit more aus ju. I have also subbed rotel for the diced tomatoes and green chilis with good results. You can't mess this up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces roast beef, sliced and cut into strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can minced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 4 rolls, sandwich sized
- 1Heat oil in large skillet.
- 2saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- 3add roast beef and saute 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Add everything else except cilantro and rolls. and bring to a simmer.
- 5Cook for about 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- 7Serve on rolls sliced in half with plenty of the sauce.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Picante Roast Beef Sandwich With Garlic, Lime, and Green Chile
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.5
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 576.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 30.2 g