Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Picante Potato Puffs takes your favorite frozen Simply Potato Southwest Style Hash Browns to make a delicious appetizer. Golden crust puffs filled with picante sauce, Mexican blend cheese, cream cheese, and the star ingredient "Simply Potato Southwest Style Hash Browns". A mouth-watering combination that is out of this world!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 2 cups frozen Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns, thawed
- 1 cup picante sauce (medium heat)
- 3⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent dough, separate at perforations, creating 4 crescent rectangles. Press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 4 small rectangles, making a total of 16 rectangles. Repeat steps with remaining crescent dough. ( Making a total of 32 small rectangles).
- Place 32 crescent rectangles on 2 nonstick cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, mix Southwest Style shredded Hash Browns, 1/3 cup picante sauce, Mexican Blend cheese, and cream cheese.
- Spoon potato picante mixture on half of each crescent rectangle; fold crescent dough over potato filling. Press edges with fork to seal.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or just until golden brown. Serve warm with remaining picante sauce.