Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy addition to breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can "kick it up" with hot sauce or peppers. From the Candlelite Inn in Bradford, NH.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a lightly greased quiche pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes until set and golden.
Really easy. After combining all ingredients, I refrigerated the dish overnight for an easy Saturday morning breakfast for overnight guests. I sprinkled 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 6 strips crumbled bacon to the top in the last five minutes of baking.
This is a wonderful "pie". I love hashbrowns and this makes them even better! Very easy to prepare and makes a great dinner.
I made this dish as part of the pick your chef contest. This recipe is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. I served this as a side dish to pork chops and it was gone in a flash. Thanks again Lorac.