Recipe by sheriboren
I came across this recipe in my local paper and just had to post it. I did not try this recipe and I probably never will. If you're reading the recipe now, you are reading right, it's got picante sauce in it. It did not specify which picante sauce to use; mild, medium or hot, so I guess it's all up to you. If anyone tries it, please let me know how it is, you never know it might be good.
- 1 (24 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (29 ounce) can canned peach halves, drained and chopped
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (1 Crust)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together picante sauce, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in saucepan.
- Mix and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and continue to cook and mix 2 minutes more or until mixture thickens.
- Stir in peaches and remove from heat and cool.
- Pour mixture in 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Let pie crust sit at room temperature 15 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Put pie crust over the sauce mixture, crimp edges to seal.
- Cut slits in crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or just until crust is golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy.