Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is quick to prepare, and has great flavors. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking May/June 1999 and Phyllis and Millard Carlson of Gardner, Kansas.
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- tomatoes, sliced
- fresh cilantro
- fresh parsley
- Pour the picante sauce into a lightly greased 10 inch pie plate or quiche dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, process eggs and sour cream until smooth.
- Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish with tomato and cilantro if desired.
I was actually just checking to see if this recipe is already on the site -- and here it is! So easy and very good. I've used light sour cream, and just mixed the eggs and sour cream with a whisk, and it turned out fine with those changes. In my oven it takes at least 25 minutes. Thanks for sharing this recipe.