Recipe by larm224
It's quick and easy. Tastes great!
Top Review by Sue Lau
These were really easy to make, and I think the crushed chips made the meatballs turn out ever so tender. Even with all the flavor in the salsa, something seemed to be lacking. I wonder if some extra garlic might bring the flavor out more. I also think I would prefer these folded up in a nice warm flour tortilla or chewy French bread instead of the bun I used, as the overall texture with the tender meatballs and soft bread was just a little too...soft. It would have been nicer with more substance. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 hoagie sandwich buns (cut in 2)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine beef, 1/2 cup picante sauce, chips and egg.
- Shape into meatballs (approx 15-18) and put into a baking sheet with sides.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile:Warm up remaining 2 cups of picante sauce in a skillet, heating to simmer.
- When meatballs are done add them to the skillet of picante sauce and let them simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve on hoagies with lettuce and cheese.
- I like to have these along with a side of tortilla chips and cheese sauce.