Recipe by looneytunesfan
These egg rolls can be baked instead of fried if desired. Just brush them with oil, place on a baking sheet and bake at 375 until golden brown.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (16 ounce) packages egg roll wraps
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese, picante sauce, chili seasoning and garlic powder. Place an egg roll wrapper on work surface with one point facing you. Place 1/4 cup filling in center. Fold bottom third of wrapper over filling. Fold in sides. Brush top point with egg. Roll up to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 inch of oil to 375*. Fry egg rolls, three at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Combine sauce ingredients; serve with egg rolls.
- Note: Fill egg roll wrappers one at a time, keeping the others covered until ready to use.
- Egg rolls can be reheated in a microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.