Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Marge Wyse, grand prize winner of the Country Woman recipe contest in 2003!
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- MEATBALLS: Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add crackers and mix; crumble beef over mixture and combine well.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls and brown in a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 inch oven proof dish.
- SAUCE: Combine ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted& mixture is heated through.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 30- 35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink inside.
- Serve as an appetizer or over noodles/rice.
I thought the salsa overpowered the other flavors a bit for me.
Could have these in a bun and a salad on the side.Very tasty meatballs.
Marg HAS to be an expert when it comes to meatballs, after all her DH is such a meatball fan!! And these were certainly no let down, THanks Marg