Recipe by Kaarin
This is my husband's recipe, the only chili we eat. It's so good!! Easy enough for dh to make, and just spicy enough to warm us up! This freezes well.
Top Review by teresas
This chili really surprised me. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. There are many more chili recipes with a lot more ingredients that don't taste as good but sure take more time. I did simmer it about twice as long cuz it was on the soupy side and I like my chili on the thicker. Overall a great chili that I will make often. I did top it with some chopped cheddar cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Thanks Kaarin for posting.
- 2 lbs ground venison or 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (1 qt.)
- 4 (12 ounce) canspicante V8 vegetable juice
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin