Recipe by BreBea
I had some chicken breasts lying around in the freezer and had a taste for something Spanish inspired. I grabbed flavors I knew would work and dumped it all in the crock-pot for five or six hours. Turned out great!!
- 4 -6 chicken breasts (boneless or skinless)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 24 ounces pace salsa
- 4 -5 cups water
- 4 tablespoons better than bouillon, Chicken
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
- 3 cups rice
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the sweet onion into chunks. Dump it into the crock pot along with the tomatoes, salsa, 3 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon, water, garlic, and spices. Stir to combine. Place frozen (or thawed) chicken on top of mixture, making sure to gently push it into the liquid so it is covered. Set the crock pot for 5 - 6 hours on high (7 - 8 hrs on low) and continue your day.
- Once chicken is done cooking remove it from the liquid. Place 1 cup of the cooking liquid into a pot with 2 cups water and 1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon (I eyeballed the liquid since I like it a bit soupy sometimes). Add the rice. Stir occasionally making sure the rice does not stick to the bottom of your pot. Add salt to taste.
- It's a really simple recipe and it's pretty filling too. Feel free to add black beans and corn or some other vegetables that you might like. Or even chunk the chicken up, add beans and make chili! You could even make it a soup if you'd like.