Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a simple and quick chicken filling to use in tacos, burritos, or on tostadas. It uses basic ingredients. It freezes great too.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce or 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sliced olive
- sour cream
- Combine ingredients in saucepan; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve as a filling for tacos, burritos, or tostadas with additional toppings of your choice.