Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice fast, cheap meal. Great for when money and time are both tight. Plus it's tasty!!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 16 ounces black beans, drained
- 15 ounces pinto beans, undrained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked rice
- seasoning salt
- Tabasco sauce
- In a bowl mix cornstarch and water.
- Set aside.
- In a skillet brown the beef with the chili powder.
- Cook until beef is done.
- Add salsa, beans and tomatoes.
- Stir and then add cornstarch mixture.
- Cook until mixture thickens.
- Add rice and season with seasoned salt and Tabasco sauce.