Recipe by Leah's Kitchen
Here is our recipe for tacos with potatoes. Its pretty easy. Where I live tacos are often made like this.
Top Review by Chef GG Mama
Wonder where you live. I have made these for years with just a couple of difference's. I don't use coriander or chili powder. I throw everything together cook until meat is done, drain if needed, put back in pan and add a can of Mexican tomato sauce called El Pato and water to cover. I cook until potatoes are done and the consistency is what I want for burritos. The kids add what they want before rolling their burritos, cheese, frijoles de la oja,(freshly cooked pinto beans) salsa, sour cream, black olives, green chile, diced tomatoes or green onions. This is an old favorite stand by around here.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt, opt.*
Directions See How It's Made
- Place diced potatoes in boiling water and cook until soft.
- In the mean time fry the ground beef in a pan over medium high heat.
- When the meat is nearly cooked add the onion and continue cooking until the onions are soft and browned.
- Add the chili powder, coriander, cumin, and pepper, cooked potatoes and minced garlic.
- Also add a little water to your meat to moisten it and pick up some of the bits of meat from the bottom of the pan, it only needs to be about a 1/4 of a cup.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas and salsa.