Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from Women's Day and found it to be delicious
- 6 medium bell peppers, preferably red and yellow
- 26 ounces green and black olive pasta sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 small zucchini, scrubbed and diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cut 1/4 off stem end of pepper and remove seeds.
- Stand pepper and tops in a microwave-safe baking dish.
- Add 1/2 cup water, Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce into water in dish.
- Meanwhile, saute beef, zucchini, and onions in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for seven minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in garlic, cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in raisins, vinegar, sugar, and remaining sauce.
- Spoon meat into peppers and replace the tops.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate up to two days.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Uncover baking dish and brush the peppers with oil.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until peppers are lightly charred.
This recipe was delish, although my boyfriend wined that it lacked meat, I thought it was great. Not hard to make at all, a little messy though. I added chees at the end to secure the lids.