1/1 Photo of Picadillo Stuffed Bell Peppers
I got this recipe from Women's Day and found it to be delicious
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium bell peppers, preferably red and yellow
- 26 ounces green and black olive pasta sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 small zucchini, scrubbed and diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Cut 1/4 off stem end of pepper and remove seeds.
- 2Stand pepper and tops in a microwave-safe baking dish.
- 3Add 1/2 cup water, Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- 4Stir 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce into water in dish.
- 5Meanwhile, saute beef, zucchini, and onions in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for seven minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are almost tender.
- 6Stir in garlic, cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in raisins, vinegar, sugar, and remaining sauce.
- 8Spoon meat into peppers and replace the tops.
- 9Cover tightly and refrigerate up to two days.
- 10Heat oven to 400.
- 11Uncover baking dish and brush the peppers with oil.
- 12Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until peppers are lightly charred.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Picadillo Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 252.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green and black olive pasta sauce