Recipe by ace7455 #2
Picadillo sauce is a classic of Latin cuisine that is often used as a stuffing or simply used over rice with black beans. I have made this dish with sea bass, tilapia, shrimp, scallops and chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, diced
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 4 (5 ounce) striped sea bass fillets (or equal amounts chicken, shellfish etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over med -high heat.
- Add onions and saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, jalapeno, tomato paste,chili powder,.
- Stir in broth,tomatoes,olives and raisin.
- Simmer over medium heat and reduce to a sauce consistency.
- Transfer fish, chicken, shrimp, scallops et al.
- to a lightly oiled casserole dish season with salt and pepper.
- Top the meat with cooked Picadillo Sauce bake until done.
- About 12-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove meat and sauce to a bed of rice. I love saffron rice.