Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Picadillo. We never liked the raisins in traditional picadillo because it made it too sweet. My friend grew up in Monterrey and her mother made it almost this way and I added a few other things.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, diced & boiled
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 can Herdez red salsa (Not ranchero) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Boil potato unti fork tender.
- Brown meat, onion& bell pepper till done.
- Add potato, Rotel, Herdez (I think it's Casera) Cook 30-60 minutes until it reduces a bit.
- Serve on flour tortillas.
This turned out very delicious! The extra ingredients gave an added dimension that you don't get with ordinary taco meat. This went well with both the soft-taco style and burrito style. It is very hearty and definity a great part of a Mexican meal. Thanks for the recipe!
this meal was a hit! lots of compliments just like grandma. great for those who like spice rather than sweet