Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Cocina Cubana club/Pascual Perez/Sonia Martinez. The following is served with rice or as a filling in the "Pastelittos de Carne". It can be made with ground lean beef or turkey.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- salt & pepper
- In a large skillet brown the meat, onions and garlic.
- Pour out whatever fat you may render.
- Turn heat down to low; add tomato sauce and wine.
- While it simmers, chop up the pimento stuffed olives and add to meat mixture.
- Add raisins & adjust the seasonings.
- Serve on a bed of rice.
Very easy and good! I used a 15 oz. can of tomato sauce and it was fine. In fact, I would hesitate to use less, the dish would be very dry. In the future, I think I will reduce the amount of olives and increase the amount of raisins, strictly for taste preference. Served with rice and plantains. Would definitely make again!
Loved this! Followed the recipe exactly, except I could only find an 8 oz can of tomato sauce and used the whole thing, which didn't seem to be a problem. It was a snap to make and so good. Served it over rice and made a side of plantains baked with coconut milk and brown sugar. This was a great meal and easy enough for a weeknight. DH went back for seconds and by the time I got back for more there was only one spoonful left. I will be making this again and again I am sure(may I'll double the recipe next time lol). Thanks for posting it.