Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend gave me this easy recipe that she got from a friend. It is so easy to prepare and really good over rice with beans on the side. We like pinto beans or goya black beans with it. You could also use a Spanish rice and turn this into a Mexican meal.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (7 ounce) jars pimientos, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) jar olives, stuffed
- 0.5 (3 1/2 ounce) jar capers
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Brown beef and drain. Chop onions and saute.
- When onions are tender add other ingredients.
- Cook on low until heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve over rice.