Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ground beef soup with tomatoes and potatoes. Doubles easily for a crowd. Serve with rice or bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons lard
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- seasoning salt, to taste
- 3 cups beef bouillon
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- In a Dutch oven or other large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomato until garlic is crisp and onion is tender (5 minutes).
- Add beef and salt.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add bouillon and simmer until meat is done (5 minutes).
- Add potatoes and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot.
While my Filipino wife had never heard of this I enjoyed it immensely