- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in skillet, add beef and onion, cook until browned, breaking up big chunks, drain off fat.
- add chili powder and pumpkin pie spice, stir well.
- add tomatoes, broth, raisins and olives, and vinegar.
- simmer for 15 minutes until thickened and flavors are blended.
- season to taste with salt& pepper, garnish with almonds.