Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great Latin American sweet and spicy ground meat dish. It's great served plain with rice and beans, but also can be a filling for empanadas or tacos. and is EXCELLENT in baked pasta dishes like baked ziti ot lasagna. The list of ingredients is long, but it is quite simple to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green chilies, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon goya brand adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- In a large skillet or a Dutch oven heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, chiles, and garlic. Saute until the onions are soft and transparent.
- Add the beef and the seasonings. Cook until the beef is brown and crumbly, about five minutes.
- Add the wine, tomato puree, raisins, and almonds. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until almost dry (you do want SOME sauce), this will take about 30 minutes.
- Add herbs and enjoy.
Hi Transylmania!! Loved this recipe. It will forever be out taco meat recipe. The raisins make it really great. We also loved it for a topping for salad. with rolls. I read through all your recipes; they are certainly creative and from diverse parts of the world. I look forward to trying many others in the months to come Thanks Judy in WA
I made this recipe because it sounded like my stepfather's. It was wonderful. The only adjustment I made was to omit the almonds. Everything else was so Cuban authenic. Thanks for submitting it.