Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
With a green veggie, this makes a meal. You can also use this recipe to make Chiles Rellenos (stuffed peppers)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 ounces yellow onions, finely diced
- 4 ounces green bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 large tomatoes, cored, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Heat a large skillet and, when hot, add the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef, crumbling as you put it in the skillet.
- When lightly browned, add the onions, bell pepper, garlic, and all the spices.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, and then add the diced potatoes.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, put into a bowl and serve over white rice or with hot flour tortillas.
My family liked this with yellow rice.My potatoes were so old they were staring at me,so I used canned potatoes still turned out great.Thanks fir sharing
Yuuuummmmyyy! I made the original recipe once, coring and peeling the tomatoes--not cut out for that. Have made it again and again with canned diced tomatoes. Used it as the meat for taco salad on a Bunko night--the ladies raved about it.
This was terrible! There is no sauce or flavor whatsoever. I thought it sounded good from reading the recipe but after I started putting he ingredients together I could tell it wasn't going to be very good. Hamburger, potatoes, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and cumin, pretty bland without a sauce to go with it. I ended up adding some taco sauce to save it, it made it edible but not by much. I won't be making this again...