Recipe by Mille®
With a green veggie, this makes a meal. You can also use this recipe to make Chiles Rellenos (stuffed peppers)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 ounces yellow onions, finely diced
- 4 ounces green bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 large tomatoes, cored, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet and, when hot, add the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef, crumbling as you put it in the skillet.
- When lightly browned, add the onions, bell pepper, garlic, and all the spices.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, and then add the diced potatoes.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, put into a bowl and serve over white rice or with hot flour tortillas.