1/9 Photos of Piadina - Italian Flat Bread for Everything!
Recipe Origin: Republic of San Marino, Italy. This makes tremendously great pizza crust for pizza rustica or any of your favorite toppings. You can also use this bread like a focaccia. This bread is very versatile for sandwiches, Indian style tacos, salad toppings or just about anything else you can think of. Simply grill them up and top with your imagination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl place all dry ingredients, mix well. Make a well and add oil and water. Slowly incorporate the flour into the liquid until it forms a dough. If you need to add more water, add a tablespoon at a time until the dough is easy to handle.
- 2Knead for a short time until dough is smooth. Cut into 4 or 5 pieces. Roll out thin to about an 8" circle (the thinner the better).
- 3Heat a large skillet on a high flame, when hot reduce heat, brush with oil and place flat bread in skillet, prick bread with a fork. Turn over brush with more oil and cook other side. The bread will cook quickly, when done remove and repeat steps with rest of bread.
- 4Very good to eat with sauteed greens such as escarole. This recipe makes about four or five 8" to 10" Piadinas.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Piadina - Italian Flat Bread for Everything!
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 626.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g