Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 1⁄4 lbs white pearl onions, peeled
- 8 ounces garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried mint (leaves only) or 1⁄2 lb fresh mint leaves (leaves only)
- white vinegar, to cover
- 2 -3 tablespoons salt (amount approximate)
- If using fresh mint, wash it and allow to dry completely; mince finely.
- Peel garlic and grate it; mix into mint.
- Peel onions.
- Drop a layer of onions in a large jar, sprinkle with mint mixture and salt; repeat layers until the jar is full.
- Pour in vinegar to the top of the jar, and place the lid on tightly.
- Store in a refrigerator for at least one month up to 2-3 months.
- When removing onions from the jar, use a clean utensil.