Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful dipping sauce like the one you'll find at Red Lobster, served with their Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp. One of the times I've had this at the restaurant I was with a bunch of friends, and - on a whim - we dipped everything we'd ordered in it... and it ALL tasted good in it. Even the broccoli! :) From then on, we called it "crack."
- Mix together Piña Colada mix, water, crushed pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat on medium low temperature until sauce begins to simmer, stirring frequently.
- Let mixture simmer slowly 10 to 12 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water together, add to sauce, and blend well.
- Let the mixture simmer for 3 to 5 minutes longer while stirring during and after adding cornstarch.
- Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
- Sauce is served at room temperature or chilled with coconut shrimp (but it tastes great on other stuff, too).
Very good! Just like the Red Lobster sauce!
Super Sauce! Try this on a polish sausage hot dog with a little spicy mustard - it tastes VERY similar to "Puka Dogs," which are only available in Hawaii. And for some extra kick, throw in a little coconut rum while simmering!
Awesome Dip! I was a bit surprised about having to cook it on the stovetop when I first read it, but it was well worth it. Will make again! Very good with coconut shrimp.