This is a wonderful dipping sauce like the one you'll find at Red Lobster, served with their Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp. One of the times I've had this at the restaurant I was with a bunch of friends, and - on a whim - we dipped everything we'd ordered in it... and it ALL tasted good in it. Even the broccoli! :) From then on, we called it "crack."
- Mix together Piña Colada mix, water, crushed pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat on medium low temperature until sauce begins to simmer, stirring frequently.
- Let mixture simmer slowly 10 to 12 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water together, add to sauce, and blend well.
- Let the mixture simmer for 3 to 5 minutes longer while stirring during and after adding cornstarch.
- Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
- Sauce is served at room temperature or chilled with coconut shrimp (but it tastes great on other stuff, too).