Recipe by CindiJ
This was served at a recent church social. Very tasty and easy to make. Make sure you use pineapple in its own juice or else your body will have sugar shock! Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans unsweetened pineapple slices
- 1 pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix (envelope)
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice, set pineapple aside.
- Combine pineapple juice and next 5 ingredients.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 12x8x2 baking dish, add pineapple juice mixture.
- Cover and let marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and uncover, place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350ºF and bake additional 20 minutes.
- Top with pineapple slices and maraschino cherries, return to oven 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.