Recipe by Gail Doyle
I found this recipe when browsing an old bookstore. It was in between the pages of a very old cookbook. I bought the book just for this recipe. It has been worth every penny. When done, the sauce makes a very good gravy for potatoes or rice.
- 2 1⁄2-4 lbs beef roast
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, cut roughly and rubbed on roast
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, rub on roast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half of the veggies, onion,green pepper, and celery on bottom of oil sprayed roasting pan.
- Rub roast with garlic pieces and soy sauce.
- The roast can be browned on top of the stove at this point if preferred
- Add roast on top of the veggies in pan (1/2 veggies).
- Rub again with garlic and soy sauce.
- Pour bullion and burgandy over roast.
- Add remaining veggies to roast.
- Cover and cook until meat is how you like it.