1/1 Photo of Phylls Roast
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Gail Doyle's Note:
I found this recipe when browsing an old bookstore. It was in between the pages of a very old cookbook. I bought the book just for this recipe. It has been worth every penny. When done, the sauce makes a very good gravy for potatoes or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place half of the veggies, onion,green pepper, and celery on bottom of oil sprayed roasting pan.
- 2Rub roast with garlic pieces and soy sauce.
- 3The roast can be browned on top of the stove at this point if preferred
- 4Add roast on top of the veggies in pan (1/2 veggies).
- 5Rub again with garlic and soy sauce.
- 6Pour bullion and burgandy over roast.
- 7Add remaining veggies to roast.
- 8Cover and cook until meat is how you like it.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phylls Roast
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.3
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 512.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 35.9 g