1/1 Photo of Phylls Roast
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Gail Doyle's Note:
I found this recipe when browsing an old bookstore. It was in between the pages of a very old cookbook. I bought the book just for this recipe. It has been worth every penny. When done, the sauce makes a very good gravy for potatoes or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place half of the veggies, onion,green pepper, and celery on bottom of oil sprayed roasting pan.
- 2Rub roast with garlic pieces and soy sauce.
- 3The roast can be browned on top of the stove at this point if preferred
- 4Add roast on top of the veggies in pan (1/2 veggies).
- 5Rub again with garlic and soy sauce.
- 6Pour bullion and burgandy over roast.
- 7Add remaining veggies to roast.
- 8Cover and cook until meat is how you like it.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phylls Roast
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.3
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 512.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 35.9 g