Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I received this recipe from a great friend. It's quick, easy, and always a hit a parties. The size and wrapping make these perfect to pick up and eat while you mingle with the crowd. They are kid-friendly too, my 3-year-olds and 5-year old just love them.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) packagecrumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dried tomatoe, packed in olive oil, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, sauteed in butter
- 3 teaspoons Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning, blend
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- phyllo pastry sheet
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 ounces French onion soup mix
- In a big bowl, combine ground beef, blue cheese, dried tomatoes, sauteed onion, seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly with hands. Form into about 1-inch diameter balls. Fry all the balls in a pan with 1 teaspoons olive oil until thoroughly cooked through. Drain. Cut phyllo dough sheets into 2-inch squares. Place one meatball on each square and fold up corners, then twist the top for a decorative look. Do this for each meatball. Brush each appetizer with melted butter. Place all the phyllo appetizers on a cookie sheet and bake about 15 minutes (or until golden brown) in a 350 degree oven.
- To prepare dipping sauce: Mix packet of French onion soup mix with sour cream and stir thoroughly.
- Number of servings: Makes about 20-30, depending on size of meatballs.