1/2 Photos of Phyllo Wrapped Fruit Combo
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
------ Ready, Set, Cook #12 contest
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 170.09 g mascarpone cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml smooth peanut butter
- 14.79 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 8 sheet phyllo pastry
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 4 medium bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 177.48 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 14.78 ml powdered sugar
- 354.88 ml sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 59.16 ml pure maple syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, mix together mascarpone cheese, peanut butter, splenda and vanilla extract; set aside.
- 3Remove phyllo package from freezer and follow instructions.
- 4Using one sheet of phyllo pastry at a time (keep remaining phyllo pastry completely covered with a damp cloth), cut 1 sheet in half.
- 5Brush first half with melted butter and place the second half on top and brush with melted butter. Repeat this process with the second sheet of phyllo cut in half, brushing with butter on the top sheet.
- 6Spread 2 tablespoons of mascarpone/peanut butter mixture over half of the pastry leaving the other half uncovered.
- 7Place two halves of banana side by side at the end closest to you and about 1/2 inch from the end of the pastry.
- 8Place 3 tablespoons of blueberries over the bananas.
- 9Roll up pastry starting with the banana end and roll to form a log.
- 10Repeat the process with remaining sheets of phyllo and ingredients.
- 11Place logs on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 12Brush tops with melted butter.
- 13Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 - 22 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 14Remove from oven and using a fine sieve, sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar.
- 15Let logs cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
- 16Cut each log in half lengthwise, open and place on a serving plate.
- 17Place one scoop of ice cream on top and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup over the ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo Wrapped Fruit Combo
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.4
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 448.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free vanilla ice cream