Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
------ Ready, Set, Cook #12 contest
- 170.09 g mascarpone cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml smooth peanut butter
- 14.79 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 8 sheet phyllo pastry
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 4 medium bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 177.48 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 14.78 ml powdered sugar
- 354.88 ml sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 59.16 ml pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together mascarpone cheese, peanut butter, splenda and vanilla extract; set aside.
- Remove phyllo package from freezer and follow instructions.
- Using one sheet of phyllo pastry at a time (keep remaining phyllo pastry completely covered with a damp cloth), cut 1 sheet in half.
- Brush first half with melted butter and place the second half on top and brush with melted butter. Repeat this process with the second sheet of phyllo cut in half, brushing with butter on the top sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of mascarpone/peanut butter mixture over half of the pastry leaving the other half uncovered.
- Place two halves of banana side by side at the end closest to you and about 1/2 inch from the end of the pastry.
- Place 3 tablespoons of blueberries over the bananas.
- Roll up pastry starting with the banana end and roll to form a log.
- Repeat the process with remaining sheets of phyllo and ingredients.
- Place logs on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 - 22 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and using a fine sieve, sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar.
- Let logs cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Cut each log in half lengthwise, open and place on a serving plate.
- Place one scoop of ice cream on top and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup over the ice cream.