1/1 Photo of Phyllo Wrapped Cheesy Asparagus
Melanie B.'s Note:
I was charged with making asparagus for Easter. I am tired of the same old asparagus recipe, so attempted to combine a few that had good components. The outcome was a hit. I hope others agree. I will warn you that my measurements may not be exact, let me know how it goes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thin cream cheese with the milk.
- 2Carefully unroll phyllo dough and cut 3 strips width-wise. Cover with a damp towel to keep moist while you are working. Layer 3-4 strips of phyllo on your work surface, brushing melted butter and sprinkling some bread crumbs between each layer, as well as on the top. On the top strip additionally, spread some of the cream cheese mixture and sprinkle some of the parmigiano cheese. Take 3 asparagus spears, lay on top of the phyllo strips and wrap around middle/bottom part of asparagus. It should look very pretty with some of the green sticking out on both ends. Brush additional butter on top and sprinkle more parmigiano cheese and bread crumbs.
- 3Repeat this process until you are out of asparagus.
- 4Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until the phyllo is golden brown. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo Wrapped Cheesy Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.6 mg
- Sodium 661.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with vegetables