Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious appetizer! It is easy to prepare if you follow this tip: Place cheese in centre of phyllo stack and spoon pears and confit over cheese. Then, gather edges of phyllo and fold together, twisting at the top, to fully wrap cheese. Source: Inspired by Compliments magazine
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 bosc pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (or other firm pear)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (450 g) package camembert cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chutney, I use Red Onion Cranberry Apricot Confit
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry sheets
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté pears just until tender, about 5 minute Add thyme, reduce heat to medium and cook until pears begin to caramelize and become golden, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo on work surface and brush with a little of the remaining olive oil. Repeat with remaining sheets.
- Place cheese in centre of phyllo stack. Spoon pears and confit over cheese. Fold phyllo over to fully wrap. (To make ahead, refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day before baking.).
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Bake until pastry is deep golden, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter. Serve with crackers, baguette slices or sliced apples and pears.