Elly in Canada's Note:
A delicious appetizer! It is easy to prepare if you follow this tip: Place cheese in centre of phyllo stack and spoon pears and confit over cheese. Then, gather edges of phyllo and fold together, twisting at the top, to fully wrap cheese. Source: Inspired by Compliments magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté pears just until tender, about 5 minute Add thyme, reduce heat to medium and cook until pears begin to caramelize and become golden, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- 3Lay one sheet of phyllo on work surface and brush with a little of the remaining olive oil. Repeat with remaining sheets.
- 4Place cheese in centre of phyllo stack. Spoon pears and confit over cheese. Fold phyllo over to fully wrap. (To make ahead, refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day before baking.).
- 5Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Bake until pastry is deep golden, about 20 minutes.
- 6Transfer to a platter. Serve with crackers, baguette slices or sliced apples and pears.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo-Wrapped Camembert With Caramelized Pears
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 508.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: