I can guarantee you that people will LOVE this recipe and these things will fly off the plates, so I'd advise making more than one portion as serving 6-8 with this is probably a bit of a stretch! I got this recipe whilst doing a cookery course at The Grange in Somerset, England. NB. To prevent your phyllo from drying out, cover the unused phyllo with a damp cloth and work quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- 2Crush and finely chop the garlic and put it with the butter in a small pan over a low heat. Heat it until the butter has melted - be careful! Butter burns very easily, as does garlic.
- 3Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Sieve the butter/garlic mixture into a bowl.
- 4Peel and trim the bases of the asparagus stalks.
- 5Brush a sheet of phyllo with the flavoured butter, double it over and sprinkle it with parmesan and freshly ground black pepper. Lay a slice of Parma Ham on top, then place an asparagus spear across and roll the phyllo pastry around it. Brush the roll with more butter, cut off the ratty ends to tidy it up, then cut the phyllo-wrapped asparagus diagonally into 5cm lengths and place on a sheet of greaseproof paper on a baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the asparagus, phyllo and Parma ham.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Remove to a serving dish and watch them disappear.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo-Wrapped Asparagus & Prosciutto Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 317.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: