Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This recipe comes from a vegetarian cookbook I have. Phyllo is usually done with butter, but by using extra virgin olive oil here this reduces the fat content.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes but don't cut them.
- 2Cover with lightly salted water and boil till tender.
- 3While they are cooking, beat the egg white with the oil.
- 4Spray 10x15 cookie sheet with spray and top with phyllo dough, brush was sheet with the egg white/oil mixture before topping with next sheet.
- 5Tuck the edges under.
- 6Cut the onion into slices and then separate into rings.
- 7Slice the cooked potato and place the slices single layer on the dough.
- 8Add a layer of onion rings and dribble with oil on top.
- 9Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dill.
- 10Bake 20 minutes.
- 11Cut in half lengthwise and then across in 2" strips.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo With Potato, Onion & Dill
Serving Size: 1 (1029 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g