Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from a vegetarian cookbook I have. Phyllo is usually done with butter, but by using extra virgin olive oil here this reduces the fat content.
- Peel potatoes but don't cut them.
- Cover with lightly salted water and boil till tender.
- While they are cooking, beat the egg white with the oil.
- Spray 10x15 cookie sheet with spray and top with phyllo dough, brush was sheet with the egg white/oil mixture before topping with next sheet.
- Tuck the edges under.
- Cut the onion into slices and then separate into rings.
- Slice the cooked potato and place the slices single layer on the dough.
- Add a layer of onion rings and dribble with oil on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dill.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cut in half lengthwise and then across in 2" strips.