Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are lovely with wine and fruit, or as a starter to your dinner party.
- 3 tablespoons oil, from sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups finely chopped shallots
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups finely chopped leeks, white and pale green parts only
- 16 ounces fresh goat cheese, like montrachet
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 20 sheets phyllo dough
- 1⁄2-1 cup melted butter
- Heat the 3 T oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and shallots sauteing until shallots are soft, around 6 minutes.
- Add the water, vinegar, and sugar.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Remove from heat and stir in mint.
- In another large skillet melt the 4 T butter over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and saute until golden, around 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in goat cheese and thyme.
- Lightly season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, white if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease two cookie sheets and set aside.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface, brush with butter and top with another sheet.
- Cut into five 3x14 inch strips.
- Place 1/2 T of goat cheese mixture at the base of 1 strip, repeat with the other Top each with 1 t of the sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Fold 1 corner over the filling, and continue, folding down the strip like a flag, forming a triangle.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all the fillings are used.
- Brush tops with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temp.
These are great! I made some over the weekend. I baked half of them & froze the other half to take to a Super Bowl party later this month.