Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our cooking club makes these to freeze for the holidays. A wonderful savory snack.
- 10 sheets phyllo dough
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or more)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup spinach, cooked, squeezed dry
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together onion mixture,ricotta, spinach,parmesan,rind, salt,pepper and nutmeg.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on the work surface.
- Cover remaining phyllo with a damp cloth.
- Use a ruler to cut the phyllo into 5 sheets about 2.5 inches wide.
- Brush each strip with melted butter.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of filling about 1/2 inch from the end of each strip
- Fold 1 corner of the phyllo over the filling so the bottom edge meets the side edge to form a triangle.
- Fold up the triangle.
- Continue folding sideways and upward until the end of the phyllo is reached.
- Brush triangles with butter.
- Freeze (Do not thaw before baking).
- Bake in 375* oven for 15 to 18 minutes.