Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are cool to look at and wonderfully tasteful. Great appetizer
Make and share this Phyllo Purses with Sweet Ricotta recipe from Food.com.
- Make the phyllo cups: Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Stack the 5 sheets of phyllo dough; cut them into 4 rows, then 4 columns for a total of 16 squares.
- Lightly butter 4 squares, then sprinkle with just a dusting of cinnamon while keeping the remaining dough covered with a dry towel or cloth.
- Stack the 5 layers, then spoon a small amount of the ricotta filling into the center; gently pull up the corners of the dough and pinch to seal, making sure no filling leaks out.
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately, and garnish with a dollop of cream and a mint sprig.