Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are cool to look at and wonderfully tasteful. Great appetizer
Make and share this Phyllo Purses with Sweet Ricotta recipe from Food.com.
- Make the phyllo cups: Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Stack the 5 sheets of phyllo dough; cut them into 4 rows, then 4 columns for a total of 16 squares.
- Lightly butter 4 squares, then sprinkle with just a dusting of cinnamon while keeping the remaining dough covered with a dry towel or cloth.
- Stack the 5 layers, then spoon a small amount of the ricotta filling into the center; gently pull up the corners of the dough and pinch to seal, making sure no filling leaks out.
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately, and garnish with a dollop of cream and a mint sprig.