This is a recipe I adapted from Lex Culinaria (http://gorgeoustown.typepad.com/lex_culinaria/). It truly is a light, low carb, delicious summer dinner. I like to serve it with a wilted spinach salad and bacon vinaigrette.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 9" x 13" baking dish or on a baking sheet, lay out one piece of phyllo dough. Spray or brush a thin layer of olive oil covering the whole piece of phyllo.
- Repeat until all 6 pieces are layered and coated with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the phyllo, as evenly as possible.
- Spread tomato slices out over the phyllo dough.
- Tear the 12 leaves of basil and distribute evenly over the pizza.
- Season with the sea salt and pepper.
- If desired, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until feta begins to brown. Be sure to keep a watchful eye on it though, if the edges begin to brown too much before the feta is browned to your liking cover the edges with strips of foil to impede burning.
- Garnish with fresh torn basil.