1/3 Photos of Phyllo Pizza With Fresh Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
This is a recipe I adapted from Lex Culinaria (http://gorgeoustown.typepad.com/lex_culinaria/). It truly is a light, low carb, delicious summer dinner. I like to serve it with a wilted spinach salad and bacon vinaigrette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a 9" x 13" baking dish or on a baking sheet, lay out one piece of phyllo dough. Spray or brush a thin layer of olive oil covering the whole piece of phyllo.
- 3Repeat until all 6 pieces are layered and coated with olive oil.
- 4Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the phyllo, as evenly as possible.
- 5Spread tomato slices out over the phyllo dough.
- 6Tear the 12 leaves of basil and distribute evenly over the pizza.
- 7Season with the sea salt and pepper.
- 8If desired, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- 9Bake for about 15 minutes, or until feta begins to brown. Be sure to keep a watchful eye on it though, if the edges begin to brown too much before the feta is browned to your liking cover the edges with strips of foil to impede burning.
- 10Garnish with fresh torn basil.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo Pizza With Fresh Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 686.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 11.2 g