1/1 Photo of Phyllo Dough Spinach Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Yum, Yum, Yum this is a flaky, cheesy, delicious spinach pie layered between sheets of buttery fillo. This recipe is from the Fillo Factory Fillo Dough Box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 sheets phyllo dough
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 12 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 scallions (green onions)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Before starting make sure to read the thawing and handleing tips on the fillo dough package that you purchased.
- 2Chop onions and thinkly slice scallions. Then saute in vegetable oil at medium heat until tender and golden.
- 3Drain spinach and squeeze dry.
- 4Thoroughly mix onions, spinach, cheeses, dill, pepper and egg in a large bowl.
- 5Melt butter.
- 6Brush bottom and sides of a 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan with butter.
- 7Using 8 fillo sheets build a stack in the bottom of the baking pan by brushing the top of the fillo sheets with butter.
- 8Spread spinach and cheese mixture evenly over the fillo in the baking pan.
- 9Cover mixture using the other 8 sheets of fillo in the same manner used to create the base.
- 10Thoroughly butter the top layer, especially the edges.
- 11Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown in 375 degree preheated oven.
- 12Let stand for 10 minutes for easier serving. Cut into squares or triangles using sharp knife.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo Dough Spinach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.1
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 127.0 mg
- Sodium 1005.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 21.3 g