Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
A lovely tart like appetizer.
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 1⁄2 ounces goat cheese, softened
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface, keeping remainder covered with damp towel to prevent drying out.
- Brush sheet lightly with some of the butter.
- Top with second sheet; brush with butter.
- Repeat with third sheet.
- Cut lengthwise into 5 strips and crosswise into 6 strips to make 30 squares.
- Press each into lightly greased 1 ¾-inch mini-muffin or tart cup.
- Bake in centre of 400°F oven until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; let cool on rack.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter.
- In bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and parsley.
- Spoon goat cheese evenly into phyllo cups.
- Spoon tomato mixture over top.