Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
A lovely tart like appetizer.
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 7 ounces frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface, keeping remainder covered with damp towel to prevent drying out.
- Brush sheet lightly with some of the butter.
- Top with second sheet; brush with butter.
- Repeat with third sheet.
- Cut lengthwise into 5 strips and crosswise into 6 strips to make 30 squares.
- Press each into lightly greased 1 ¾-inch mini-muffin or tart cup.
- Bake in centre of 400°F oven until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; let cool on rack.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter.
- Drain crabmeat through sieve, picking through to remove any cartilage; squeeze out liquid and set crabmeat aside.
- In bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Add crabmeat, mango, green onion and coriander; toss to mix.
- Add avocado; toss to combine.
- Spoon into phyllo cups.