A lovely tart like appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 7 ounces frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface, keeping remainder covered with damp towel to prevent drying out.
- 2Brush sheet lightly with some of the butter.
- 3Top with second sheet; brush with butter.
- 4Repeat with third sheet.
- 5Cut lengthwise into 5 strips and crosswise into 6 strips to make 30 squares.
- 6Press each into lightly greased 1 ¾-inch mini-muffin or tart cup.
- 7Bake in centre of 400°F oven until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from pan; let cool on rack.
- 9Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter.
- 10Drain crabmeat through sieve, picking through to remove any cartilage; squeeze out liquid and set crabmeat aside.
- 11In bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- 12Add crabmeat, mango, green onion and coriander; toss to mix.
- 13Add avocado; toss to combine.
- 14Spoon into phyllo cups.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo Cups With Crab Salad
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 28.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g