We made these tarts, filled with a savory and onion saute, from various different recipes here on zaar and the testing and tasting was the good part! These were served at the Inauguration of our new North Wing, on May 11, here at the home and now we are going to serve them at the opening of 3 extra dining rooms -- what fun and how nice!
My Private Note
tray of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh button mushroom
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in 10" skillet; add onions. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden and caramelized (7-10 minutes). Stir in remaining filling ingredients. Continue cooking until heated through and no more liquid.
- 3Set aside. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes.
- 4Butter the insides of phyllo cups.
- 5Place phyllo cups on ungreased baking sheet; place about 1 scant teaspoon of onion mixture in center of cups. Top with 1 teaspoon cheese.
- 6Repeat the process with remaining phyllo cups.
- 7Bake 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. (Watch them so they don't burn!).
- 8Serve warm.
- 9*Filling can be made 1 day ahead. Just bring to room temperature when you are going to make the cups.*.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo Cups With Caramelized Onion Hors D'oeuvres
Serving Size: 1 (604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1309.5
- Calories from Fat 856
- Total Fat 95.1 g
- Saturated Fat 55.8 g
- Cholesterol 223.5 mg
- Sodium 2072.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs