Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fantastic recipe I got from Food Network and Giada De Laurentiis, she served these on soup, I personally can't get that far and eat them right out of the oven. Simple and so good!
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large heavy baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stack the phyllo sheets on a work surface and roll up into a cylinder.
- Cut the rolled stacked phyllo sheets crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide sections. Unroll the phyllo sections and toss in a large bowl to separate the strips. Gradually drizzle the butter over the phyllo, tossing constantly to coat. (The phyllo strips might break up into smaller pieces.) Sprinkle the Parmesan over the phyllo and toss gently to coat.
- Arrange the phyllo mixture evenly over the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the mixture is crisp and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Cool the phyllo mixture, and then coarsely break it apart into desired pieces.
I loved, loved loved this, couldn't stop munching on them, thanks for sharing this Robyn!
These are so NEAT and different! I served them with my Bottom-Of-The-Bowl Salad & Greek Dressing, and the croutons really added an interesting touch! You're right, these are HARD to stop eating! Very easy to make, too, except for separating the phyllo strips...but that was sort of relaxing, too! *Made for PAC Spring 2007*
Holy cow this is addictive!! *LOL* VERY easy recipe to make , didn't change anything!! I'm like you though , I couldn't get them ON anything , I ate them straight off the pan out of the oven!!! *LOL* Great recipe thanks for posting!!