Recipe by KittyKitty
Phyllo dough is really low in fat, and almost anything tastes good with phyllo. This dessert is simple, but impressive. Try different fruits for different flavors, or if rhubarb is not your thing, change your spice according to your fruit
- 1 1⁄4 lbs rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim the leaves and ends from the rhubarb stalks and chop them into 1 inch pieces. Place them in a bowl.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice, orange rind and juice, and sugar, toss well to coat. Turn the rhubarb into a 4 cup pie pan.
- Melt the butter and brush it over the phyllo sheets. Lift the sheets onto the pie pan, butter side up, and crumple them to form a chiffon effect, covering pie completely.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for another 10-15 minutes until rhubarb is tender.
- Serve warm.