1 hr 30 mins
I found a similar recipe on a recipe card, and adjusted a few things to my liking. This dish is so buttery and flavorful, the seasonings awesome. One bite you will be hooked. My BIL said it was the best thing he had ever eaten! It does take some time to put together, but so worth it.........Enjoy! You may want to use buttery Pam on the Phyllo, at least on some. I like real butter!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, drained well, squeeze dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 16 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (or more for brushing Phyllo)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1Pound out chicken breasts between waxed paper, until about 1/2 inch thick.
- 3In a large skillet over low heat melt butter, add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms,and salt, cook stirring for 3 minutes, then add spinach.
- 4Cover and cook 3 minutes longer. Divide the mixture, leaving in pan, into 4 portions.
- 5Mix parmesan cheese with basil, put on a plate.
- 6Take chicken out, and place each portion of spinach mixture onto chicken, spreading out within an inch of sides. Sprinkle 1 Tbl. of cheese on top. Roll each piece up, tucking sides in slightly. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 7Preheat oven to 400.
- 8Make sure Phyllo is room temperature. Cut 8 sheets of phyllo at a time in half, cutting on the longest side.
- 9Using 4 halves per chicken roll, brush with melted butter, each piece, stacking as you go. Roll chicken, in more cheese mixture , then place on one end of buttered Phyllo. Fold up 2 sides, then roll to the end. repeat with the 3 remaining chicken rolls.
- 10Using a glass casserole dish, set the rolls in pan. Cut slits on the top of each. Brush butter over top. Sprinkle tops with sesame seeds.
- 11Bake untill golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo Chicken Roll-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.4
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 219.8 mg
- Sodium 1416.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 73.6 g