Recipe by Jogreen
This of course can be made to serve as many as needed. The points value if you are a Weight Watcher is 6.5 points for one parcel. Enjoy:)
Top Review by Julie F
This was so pretty and yummy, with an amazingly small amount of effort. This was my first time working with phyllo pastry, and this was the perfect recipe to try it. Even my kids liked it. I used butter flavored Pam, and accidentally put the pesto on top of the chicken, instead of on the bottom. Thanks for a great, healthy recipe!
- 1 small boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese or 1 tablespoon low-fat cream cheese
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the sheets of phyllo, spraying lightly between each one.
- Cut a slit in the chicken breast and stuff the cream cheese into it.
- Spread the basil pesto onto the phyllo pastry, then place the chicken breast on top of it.
- Spread the garlic on top of the breast.
- Wrap up into a parcel.
- Place on a baking paper lined shallow tray and spray lightly with the cooking spray.
- Bake in oven at 350°F/180°C for approx 30 minutes.