Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
The original recipe called for Feta cheese but I prefer Monterey jack.
- 1 lb finely shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lb phyllo dough, leaves thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Grate cheese into a bowl, stir in eggs, chives and white pepper until well mixed.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo on your work space and brush with butter. Lay another sheet on top and brush with butter. Cut the sheets into 3 long strips. (Keep remaining dough covered with wax paper and damp towel to prevent it from drying out.).
- Place a heaping teaspoon filling at the end of each strip, fold end over end into a triangular shape (flag fold).
- Place on grease cookie sheet. Puffs can be covered and refrigerated no longer than 24 hours at this point.
- Heat over to 350 degrees. Brush puffs with melted butter and bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
These at a little time consuming to prepare, but really are not difficult and are very good. They worked well on the buffet at my holiday party.
Cheesy, chivy, tasty.